The YMCA of Timmins creates opportunities that encourage the development of healthy individuals, families and community.
The YMCA of Timmins will be the acknowledged provider of accessible, quality programs to encourage the development of strong kids, strong families and a strong community.
The YMCA of Timmins’ goals are to help the community develop character through promotion of our specific values:
- Caring – nurturing the commitment of belonging for people, groups and the YMCA family
- Respect – treat members, participants, volunteers, staff, partners and supporters with respect
- Honesty – integrity at all times
- Responsibility – social relevance with fiscal responsibility
- Inclusiveness – we aim to foster an attitude of understanding and encourage participation from individuals of all social and cultural backgrounds
- Health – to educate, practice and preach a healthy and active lifestyle
The YMCA of Timmins is a charitable organization made up of clients, volunteers and professional staff. We offer quality programs that promote self-improvement, self-reliance and mutual respect between members and participants. We aim to foster an inclusive society that welcomes everyone – regardless of background, circumstances or abilities.